Saturday, June 7, 2014

happy dance!

Just received my blood work results from my LabCorp Patient Beacon. I think I would be insane without it. In most states, as a patient you can register with LabCorp to access your Patient Beacon, an online portal with your lab test results. After your doctor views the results, they are released into the Beacon. For me, this has been a life saver, with having to switch doctors numerous times, and also for the sake of my sanity.

As of June 2nd, my LFTs are significantly lowered, meaning I am responding to treatment!!!!! Unfortunately, I will most likely have two more years of azathioprine (the typical regiment, after induction of remission). At this point, my GI should feel comfortably enough to start treatment (hopefully Humira again) for my Crohn's, since that has been rearing it's ugly head this past week. I should also be able to taper my prednisone again, to 10mg this Wednesday. I'll know more Tuesday after my appointment with my hepatologist, and know even more next Monday, after I follow up with my GI.

This has been the first time I have not gained weight while on prednisone. Heck, I'm loosing weight but that is due to the Crohn's and crazy nausea from the azathioprine. I have been suffering from insomnia every night, and my anxiety is out of control, so I haven't escaped the side effects of prednisone completely. I'm just so relieved my numbers are coming down!

No comments:

Post a Comment