Monday, June 2, 2014

Counting geese instead of sheep

Started off today with four hours of sleep. Next week when I see my hepatologist/GI team, I'm going to ask to be be put back on a real sleeping med. From my TBI, I have disordered sleeping, and do not naturally go into the same sleep cycles as most people. I had tried Ambien, Sonata, Lunesta, trazodone, gabepentin, and Soma all at different times. I found that while Ambien worked best, I would sleepwalk/sleep eat/sleep try to leave my house. The others worked miserably and had even more side effects. For the past few years, I've been taking Remeron at night, and it's been fantastic until the past week or so. Now, I feel lucky to get four hours of sleep. When I was previously on long term Prednisone, and even on Entocort (another steroid), I suffered from terrible insomnia. It's gotten to the point I cannot function at work, and I know that, temporarily I need help sleeping.

I also managed to hit and kill a goose crossing the street on my way into work, just realized how thin my hair has gotten, nausea has come out in full force, new bruises covering my body, and finally if all that wasn't enough, I have a nasty sinus infection on top of everything else. Oh and I won't have hot water for another couple of days (my hot water heater broke on Friday).

Hopefully the week only goes up from here. Going for my biweekly blood work tomorrow, and should have the results by Friday. Hopefully my LFTs have come down far enough that I can go back on Humira, and taper further off the prednisone. I also am semi-excited to get my hair done tomorrow night, and to try to do something with it to hide the hair loss. I really should call my docs about this infection, but want to try to hold off to see if I can fight it on my own.

My victory of the day was getting to the gym before work. Since I was up at the crack of dawn, and bored I went to the gym, and managed to somehow run three miles, and do a modified leg day. I probably pushed my body way too hard but it felt so good, and therapeutic. I may pay for it tomorrow but I needed the hour workout to clear my mind.  Here's to hoping that tomorrow is way better than today.

No comments:

Post a Comment