Saturday, September 29, 2012

sleep study and ct enterography

Last week I had a CT enterography just as a last ditch effort to see if any Crohn's would show up. The test went fine, save for drinking the terrible barium solution. I put it in the back of my mind, and was not worried about the results, for I had an upcoming sleep test coming up that I was far more anxious about.

I had a MLST sleep test done. It stands for multi-latency sleep Test. Unlike most sleep tests which last twelve hours, this test lasts 18 hours or so, and includes naps. I won't get the results for a couple of weeks.

Today I picked up the results from my CT enterography. They were shocking to say the least. It showed obvious signs of Crohn's disease and in addition, issues with my liver. Part of me wishes I waited until my doctors appointment to hear the news, now I'm just stressing my self out, googling the crap out of the report. I have a GI appointment Tuesday morning, so I must survive until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment