Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sicky sick

Since tapering off the steroids, I have felt like crap. Though meant to treat my tummy, they also controlled my asthma, allergies and eczema. Between going off, and experiencing the season change, this past week has left me feeling like garbage, in addition to my stomach not behaving. My joint pain has also come back, and I just feel so out of it.


I'm supposed to run a half marathon Sunday, but I will decide how I feel later in the week. I'm not going to kill myself over it, and stress my body out further.

I'm anxious to have another doc look over my case tomorrow. This will be the 4th GI I've consulted. Since my body seems to reject any treatment, and is super sensitive to side effects, I'm looking for alternative treatment options at this time, rather then conventional medication. I'm beyond frustrated at this point, but I got to take care of myself while I still have insurance.

In other news, the roid rage has diminished and I'm feeling normal again. Well my kind of normal. No more racing thoughts, or severe depression and anxiousness. I still cannot believe the effect the steroids has on my mental health. I'll update after my doctors tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment