Thursday, September 20, 2012

Last week, I left off, mentioning that I was going to see a new GI. Last Thursday, I met with my fourth GI since the start of my issues. Overkill? Maybe to some, but my case seems to be extremely difficult and baffling, and I just need some reassurance at this time.

Yet another physician is puzzled at my medical chart, and I'm under going more testing. See my first upper and lower I ever had showed Crohn's, yet since then in my second, third and fourth endoscopes the docs can't find it. I am still having all the symptoms, and even worse... But they don't know where it's lurking. Crohns doesn't go away, so they are questioning whether it is truly Crohns, or if there is something else wrecking havoc. Right now, my doc is definitely diagnosing it as an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), and most likely Crohns. I had a CT enterography yesterday with hopes of showing something.

This leads to a conundrum. My doctors want to re-confirm the diagnosis, before subjecting me to the next level of treatment, medication wise. You know how every medication from the pharmacy has some kind of warning label. For instance, may cause drowsiness, do not operate heavy machinery? Or caution may cause dizziness? I seem to be an anomaly. My body tends to be very sensitive to medication and usually end up experiencing most of the side effects of the drugs I have taken. With Pentasa, I had full blown hairloss, which only happens in like 5 percent of people that take it. With Entocort, I had everything from weight gain to mood swings, and everything in between, even though doctors said that those issues are rare compared to Prednisone. Prednisone was even worse. The next class of drugs, has many more side effects, including tumor and cancer causing. 

My docs and myself really do not want to move on to this next level of treatment, yet there isn't much else left to do. My daily life is severely interrupted, and I feel like crap. Hopefully within a few weeks I'll have more answers and a new plan 

No comments:

Post a Comment