Saturday, July 26, 2014

The past week has been brutal. The increase of azathioprine has not helped whatsoever. My liver is ridiculously swollen, I've gained about 10 pounds in water weight, my fever is higher, I have lost my appetite and my urine is as dark as it was when I was admitted for liver failure two months ago. Figures it's a weekend, and cannot get in touch with my docs.

I just feel run down, but still function-able. I don't feel all that sick. I just know that inside my body is waging a war against itself. On Monday, I will get in touch with my liver doc. I had a few family members tell me to go to the ED, but frankly, I know I can wait the two days till Monday. I don't want to sit and be there for hours. They ultimately would have to consult with my liver doc/his partner who  also don't do rounds in the hospital on weekends. So I would most likely be admitted until they could track them down to do a consult. It's a hard place to be in. I know I'm in liver failure again. I'm not quite sure what the next step would be, since initially I responded so well to the treatment. I also live 45 minutes from the hospital(s) that both my GI/liver man are a part of. I have five hospitals that are much closer, not to mention cleaner, nicer and in better locations. It's a tough call. I don't feel like this is an emergency. I'm obviously surviving day to day. I will not let it go past Monday, or if something drastic changes, but I will try to enjoy my weekend as best as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment