Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Got to visit my lovely liver team and GI doc today. The verdict is in- my liver function is failing again, and  things are getting serious. Bumping up my azathioprine to the highest dose, increasing my Humira to weekly and trying to stay on 10mg of Prednisone so I can at least hold on to some form on sanity through this.

My white (blood cell) counts were also abnormal, which is another thing to really keep an eye on as well. Could be from my autoimmune diseases, could be from the medications, either way, I'm much more prone to infection and getting sick.

I'm still processing this all. I'm frustrated, angry, and a bit emotional. Honestly, I'm worried. I hope that within the next three weeks my liver works overtime to heal, to get on the right track. I hope that my Crohn's will behave nicely, once I up my Humira dose. I just need time to process everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment