Monday, May 12, 2014

waiting game

so my first set of bloodwork from Friday has come back. I'm waiting for my copy of results to be made available online. I did receive a phone call from my hepatologist, wanting me to come in for a liver biopsy ASAP... As in tomorrow or Wednesday. If I can't get put on the outpatient schedule, I will be admitted for "observation", and sent for s a biopsy that way.

I'm itching to see what my LFTs were to push for this. I had two biopsies removed during my gallbladder surgery, and on Friday when I met with the hepatologist he was going to try acquire the slides/ any additional info. Apparently there isn't time to wait and try to see if the other hospital still has them.

I get all of my bloodwork done through LabCorp, which has a nifty tool called Patient Beacon. If available in your state, you can access all of your lab tests/results done through LabCorp, within 24-48 hours of your doctor reviewing the results. Since my doctor's phone call, I have been checking incessantly. I wish I had asked my doctor what the actual number results were, but at the time, I was thrown off. Working in communicable disease, I deal with laboratory testing/ tests every single day. I know that in this age of Dr.Google, that people can be obsessive with things they find online. Part of me just wants to be an informed patient, aware of what is happening to my body, and to be prepared when decisions have to be made.

A nurse from the hospital just called, and gave me a number to call tomorrow morning to see if I'm on the procedure list. Until then, I'm hoping to keep my anxiety at bay, and relax the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment