Saturday, April 19, 2014

day four

Well it's already been four days since my surgery. I look and feel about seven months pregnant at this point- my stomach/abdomen is so swollen and bruised. I think I went into this being a bit too optimistic. Granted, it could have gone worse, but I didn't fully expect to be this sore, swollen and out of it.

I really don't know how the surgery went or how things looked, because I don't remember talking to my surgeon after it. My mom briefly spoke to her, but also doesn't remember, so I have to just wait and see what she has to say at my follow up appointment. I do know that I have two extra incisions (most laparoscopic gallbladder surgery involves 4 incisions, and I have six).

I am also quite anxious to hear the results of my liver biopsies, but again I just have to be patient and wait. In the meantime, I will nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment