Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Emergency room.

Starting Sunday while working, I felt extremely weak and dizzy. I had a large breakfast (delicious bacon, eggs and toast) and was drinking my normal sweet tea and water. I made it through 6 hours of work but I began to feel like I couldn't stand without passing out. I begged and pleaded to go home, which my manager hesitantly said okay to.

I tried juices Gatorade and more carbs. I was thinking I felt kind of flu like symptoms with lethargy and weakness but no fever and no swollen glands. My crohns has been absolutely terrible lately which I thought was the main culprit. This past week I haven't been able to eat much. I go from having an appetite of a horse to barely getting down two small meals. The pain has been ridiculous as well. I also have been dealing with bouts of constipation which is totally abnormal for me.

After a mini pass out episode Sunday night I decided that if I still felt like crap Monday I would go to urgent care (a step below the ER). After a quick check up from the dr there did not like my symptoms and how I looked and sent me to the ER through their fast pass. As I got to the ER I still felt like crap. They quickly did a full lab work up, an while waiting for the results gave me an iv to rehydrate and morphine for pain. My blood and urine showed signs of severe dehydration along with a high white blood cell count, high AST levels (which I knew of beforehand since my liver is having issues) and weird blood sugar levels.

I have been having moderately high blood sugar readings (I'm not diabetic) but it is related to my possible fatty liver disease and poor liver function. The high white blood count is interesting but not uncommon during crohns flares.

Over all the ER doc said to be extremely careful keeping myself hydrated and trying to stay nourished. He wanted to have a gi there perform a colonoscopy but also said that because I have one scheduled within two weeks that it is fine. My GI got a full report and I'm waiting for him to call back.

I hate that my gi is so far away (over an hour). But I feel so comfortable with him I can't change. I have seen the local GI docs (all 3) and haven't been able to form a great patient relationship with them. I'm sticking with dr. C until my insurance runs out.

So plan of action is to take it extremely easy and stay hydrated. And nourished even if food hates me at this time. Ugh life .

No comments:

Post a Comment