Thursday, October 16, 2014

So my appointments on Tuesday were disappointing at best. My LFTs continue to rise, and my Crohn's is the most active it's ever been. I'm working so hard to do my best to stay afloat. Keeping Paleo, working out four to five days a week, things going smoothly at work... It's just frustrating.

I am going back on azathioprine. I will be on four immunosuppressing medications, azathioprine, Humira, Myfortic, and prednisone. I will also be starting antibiotic prophalaxis, in the form of Bactrim DS, for I am an opportunistic infection waiting to happen. I have also returned to 20mg prednisone until further notice.

On the bright side, I may be one of the few people who have lost weight after six months of prednisone therapy. Trying to find the positives here. I follow up with my GI in one month, and hepatologist in two. Come on complete immune suppression (never thought I would say that in a million years). I'm not going down without a fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment