Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Life.

Work has been extremely busy the last few weeks, so much so, I've noticed it's taken a big toll on my health. Currently on day 3 of a lovely sinus infection/bronchitis. I figured it was only time before I got sick, being on three immunosuppressants. This is my first infection since starting the lovely combo in May, so I guess I've done pretty well for myself up until now.

Sometimes it is hard for me to remember to take it easy. I try so hard for my illnesses to not interfere with my daily life, that I sometimes forget how fragile my body is. I am guilty of taking my health for granted at some points. Even with having severe Crohn's, and severe hepatitis, overall, I have been fortunate. I have yet to require major surgery, and my hospital stays have been brief. I've made it four months without any major infection, and I feel so thankful I've made it this far.

The whole idea of taking it easy has always been difficult for me, but I will continue to work on it. To remember to take a break every now and again, and to give my body the rest and care it deserves.


No comments:

Post a Comment