Saturday, August 25, 2012

Team Challenge!

This past week, I got a chance to meet with Team Challenge Philadelphia! Team Challenge is an endurance sports training program. The program provides training to run/walk a half marathon. Participants raise funds for Crohn's and colitis research and patient services in exchange for training, support, and expenses for the half marathon. This season, we are training for the Rock and Roll Half Marathon in Vegas, on December 2. What is amazing awesome to me is that for every dollar donated, over 80 cents gos directly to research and patient services. In other well known non profits, such as race for the cure, less then 50 cents of each dollar goes to these services and research. I will try to update much more frequently, on my training but also with my Crohn's. I have run multiple half marathons before, but this will be my first since my Crohn's full diagnosis, and will be much more difficult to train for, with a flare up, and joint issues at this time. I can't wait for the next 4 months of training and fundraising to come!


 Here is a link to my personal donation site as well: Nicole's Team Challenge Page


  Thanks guys and happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment