Friday, June 8, 2012

Well, another colonoscopy Thursday. This time, there were obvious signs of Crohn's, with some lesions / abrasions. I'm scheduled for a pill cam endoscopy Monday, since my terminal ileum is really affected, and my doctor thinks it may also be in my small intestines. We are also waiting for biopsy results from the colonoscopy endoscopy. With the results of the biopsies, and pill cam, we will decide on a treatment regimen to hopefully induce remission. Lately, with the heat, my joints have become even more swollen and achy. I have the same issues as my 83 year old grandmother. She has rheumatoid arthritis, as did my great grandmother, which is interesting since it is another autoimmune disease and has similarities to crohns. In fact they are often treated with the same meds. I am also going to be referred to a rheumatologist, since I have visual signs of arthritis, and have already had joint problems due to a wretched car accident a few years ago. I am anxious to see my treatment regimen. It is scary knowing the potential side effects of any choice out there to treat crohns at this stage, either immunosuppressants or biologic. Im still waiting to hear back from social security disability. That has been nerve wracking, but there is no possible way at this time I can maintain a job. I hate hate hate relying on the "system" but until I am healthy it is near impossible. Just hoping that the pill cam goes well, hehe, and I can get started with treatment

No comments:

Post a Comment